Thursday, May 20, 2010

COOKIES!


Hello There,


This Blog is about my interest in food and photography so I said to myself I would make a blog and so I did. First I wanted to cook (cooking is my passion), second I wanted to take pictures of the food to tantalize hungry people (that is my second passion).

The first thing I wanted to cook was (of course) chocolate chip cookies so me and my mom looked for a recipe and we found whole wheat chocolate chip cookies. We started making them, soon we had the house smelling like fresh baked gooey melting chocolatey goodness (insert moaning voice here).

When we were done I took some pictures of it then Harry, Toby, my mom, Toby's friend, and I began gorging ourselves on the cookies.


Here is the recipe:

Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 cup of butter

1/2 cup of granulated sugar

1/2 cup brown sugar

1 teaspoon vanilla

1 large egg

2 cups whole weat pastry flour

1/2 teaspoon salt

1 teaspoon baking soda

2 cups semisweet chocolate chips


Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Beat together butter, sugars, vanilla, and egg in a large bowl. Stir in flour, baking soda and salt (dough will be stiff). Stir in chocolate chips.

Drop dough by spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet. (Good to use two spoons one for scooping one for scraping off the first spoon.)

Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until light brown (centers will be soft). Cool slightly, remove from cookie sheet. Cool on wire rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment